|The following is a description of the classes and schedule for Spring into Summer. The classes are always subject to change. More importantly, the classes are automatically cancelled in the event of rain or wet conditions (in other words it's unsafe to skate when its wet).
The Level One Beginner classes teaches you:
- Basic Balance and comfort on skates
- Striding on the flats
- Turning or how to change direction
- Street Awareness including handling bumps and curbs and more importantly....
- STOPPING ON THOSE KILLER HILLS!!
This class is a must for those that want to take one class and then
The Level Two intermediate/advanced class moves you into a more fancy, schmansie skating technique:
- We always start with a quick (or often a not so quick) review of Level One stuff then we move into:
- Advanced Power Striding
- Crossover Turns
- Varied Stopping Moves
- Backwards Skating
- Transitions from front to back to front to back to... you get the idea
- And other fun things you need or would like to know as a more advanced skater.
After these two classes you should have the comfort in knowing everything you need to be a coooool recreational skater.
BUT THERE'S MORE!!!
You can also call and find out if any speciality classes will take place. Speed, dance, extreme, and hockey are just a few areas that we can develop your expertise.
The classes meet at the Blades Board and Skate Shop at 120 West 72nd Street (between Broadway and Columbus).
We will then walk into Central Park for the lesson.
Please call 212-744-4444 for the new schedule.
- The 2 hour group class is only $25 (oye what a deal) Private lesson time is $50 per hour, (less if there are more people)
- If you need to rent skates, bring a credit card for a deposit and $21 in cash for the rental including protective gear.
- Also, if you are renting, please arrive to the class at least 15 minutes prior to class time to begin rental process.
- YOU MUST REGISTER FOR THE CLASS EITHER BY CALLING 212-744-4444 OR SENDING AN E-MAIL (RollAmerica@aol.com)
- And, like I said before, if it's raining or wet the class is automatically cancelled. When in doubt, please call.
Meanwhile, HAVE A GREAT DAY AND......
KEEP ON ROLLING!!!